Admission AICS procedure
The MSc in Economics and Development is included in the Platform 1 of the Partnership for Knowledge – PfK.
To access the Master’s programme, the current regulations require to have obtained a Bachelor’s Degree and the successful completion of the following bachelor’s level subjects, either as part of the Bachelor’s syllabus or taken as extra subjects:
Economics 18 credits
Statistics 6 credits
Mathematics 6 credits
a very good working knowledge (written and oral) of the English Language is essential (at least a B2 level of the Common European Framework i.e. equivalent to a Cambridge First Certificate).
1 Applying for admission (STEP 1)
In order to participate in the Programme Partnership for Knowledge – PfK - Platform 1 you must submit an Application for assessment AICS – by filling the relevant form downloadable here – and send it no later than 15 March 2019 at 12.00 pm – noon - (Italian time), by e-mail to email@example.com along with the following documents:
- Bachelor’s degree certificate
- Full transcript of academic records
English language certificate at European B2 level (Cambridge First certificate, TOEFL, IELTS, or any equivalent or higher certification) or give evidence that your undergraduate degree course was taught entirely in English
- Official subject descriptions (syllabus) of your bachelor program. See a sample here
- Scan of your passport showing photo page and personal details
It is your responsibility to ensure that the required application form and materials are complete and readable. To ensure a smooth application process, you have to strictly follow the instructions below:
- Send only one e-mail with all the required attachments
- Send only the Italian or English version of the documents
- Do not send image files (.jpg, .png, .gif, .tiff), but only .pdf files in grayscale or black and white)
- Do not send files that exceed 15 MB
- Do not send photos taken with smartphones/iphones
- Do not send any link to sharing files websites (i.e. Dropbox, WeTransfer, Google, QQ), because due to our university IT security policy we cannot download any file.
2 AICS Notification form (STEP 2)
Inform the Agency of your application by filling in the on-line application form and sending it no later than 15 March 2019 at 12.00 pm – noon -(Italian time). Applications submitted to the university, which are not matched by the AICS notification form, will not be considered.
3 Processing your application
An independent scientific board will assess the applications according to pre-defined criteria such as CV relevance, university career, professional experience and gender equality, among others.
Selected candidates will be individually contacted by AICS for the formal acceptance of the scholarship. At this stage fellows should complete their enrollment to the university by validating the documents submitted through the university website at the local Italian Embassy.