Orientation & Job Placement
The degree course in Development Economics of the University of Florence is not responsible for the accuracy and reliability of the information given in the following job-placement links
- Employment at FAO
- Employment at World Bank
- Employment at European Comission
- Employment at Unicef
- Employment and Internships at OSCE
- Jobs | ReliefWeb: Find vacancies by theme and country.
- DevelopmentAid.org: We help international developmental professionals raise the efficiency of international development aid through providing timely, reliable and relevant information. Our activity is driven by the following principle: developmental information should be as accessible and comprehensible.
- UNRIC: United Nations Regional Information Center.
- Employment at European Community as Junior Professional Delegates (be a EU delegate for Development Programs worldwide). Next call, for the round 2019-2021, will be published in January 2019. For more info:https://eeas.europa.eu/headquarters/headquarters-homepage/2463/junior-professional-in-delegation-jpd_en
Research assistant, European Universisty Institute. Deadline January 15th, 2019. Details.
- Associate economist in Vienna on a mid- to long-term basis. Starting date: ASAP. Details. To apply.
- SVE - The European database on European Voluntary Service (EVS) accredited organisations.
Tutor UniFI (in Italian): Bando di concorso per la formazione di graduatorie relative al reclutamento di TUTOR UNIFI per la realizzazione di attività di tutorato da svolgersi nell'ambito del Progetto Pilota "L'Orientamento nella progressione di carriera" (bando rivolto agli studenti dei corsi di laurea magistrali per svolgere attività di tutoraggio nei corsi di laurea triennali).
Department of Corporate Taxation and Public Finance at the Centre for European Economic Research (ZEW) Mannheim. Payed trainership. Details here.
- Italian Trade Agency: Internship to promote italian firms. Deadline January 16th, 2019; details (in Italian) here.
European University Institute. In preparation for the ninth edition of The State of the Union conference, which will take place from 2 – 4 May 2019, the European University Institute’s Communications Service is recruiting two paid trainees to work on the conference for a period of up to 6 months starting from January 2019. The roles are: Events Logistics Trainee, Website and Graphics Trainee. All applications should include an up-to-date CV and cover letter in English before to SOU@eui.eu before the deadline of midnight on Friday 30 November 2018. Web: https://stateoftheunion.eui.
Traineeship in EU delegations: https://eeas.europa.eu/headquarters/headquarters-homepage_en/39144/Traineeship%20in%20EU%20Delegation
EU Traineeships (Each year the European Commission offers paid traineeships for administrative or translation):https://ec.europa.eu/stages/Registration for October 2019 will open in January 2019
- Water Harvesting Lab (UniFI). Announcement here. Deadline, October 15th, 2018. Announcement signalled by Giulio Castelli.
- Banca d'Italia: Scholarships “BONALDO STRINGHER”, “GIORGIO MORTARA”, “DONATO MENICHELLA". Announcement (in Italian) here. Deadline October 12th, 2018.
- Green Week - Festival della Green Economy: Web site of the event here (in Italian); document with details to apply here (in Italian).
University of Florence Activities
- Career Service: The University of Florence supports students in searching for a job through a Career Service which organizes individual meetings to enhance personal resources, laboratories to help students in writing job applications, CV, and video CV. Recruitment days with leading companies are also organized. The Career Service is in building D1 in Via delle Pandette, 14; office hours: every Thursday from 14 to 18. For more info, see www.unifi.it/cantieri. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Career Lab: link (in Italian)