Orientation & Job Placement
The degree course in Development Economics of the University of Florence is not responsible for the accuracy and reliability of the information given in the following job-placement links
- Employment at FAO
- Employment at World Bank
- Employment at European Comission
- Employment at Unicef
- Employment and Internships at OSCE
- Jobs | ReliefWeb: Find vacancies by theme and country.
- DevelopmentAid.org: We help international developmental professionals raise the efficiency of international development aid through providing timely, reliable and relevant information. Our activity is driven by the following principle: developmental information should be as accessible and comprehensible.
- UNRIC: United Nations Regional Information Center.
- Employment at European Community as Junior Professional Delegates (be a EU delegate for Development Programs worldwide). Next call, for the round 2019-2021, will be published in January 2019. For more info:https://eeas.europa.eu/headquarters/headquarters-homepage/2463/junior-professional-in-delegation-jpd_en
- SVE - The European database on European Voluntary Service (EVS) accredited organisations.
- Calls for early-career pre-doctoral fellowship positions to support the activities of the CGIAR Standing Panel on Impact Assessment. Field-Based Pre-Doctoral Fellow: Flyer; Predoctoral Fellow: Flyer
Tutor UniFI (in Italian): Bando di concorso per la formazione di graduatorie relative al reclutamento di TUTOR UNIFI per la realizzazione di attività di tutorato da svolgersi nell'ambito del Progetto Pilota "L'Orientamento nella progressione di carriera" (bando rivolto agli studenti dei corsi di laurea magistrali per svolgere attività di tutoraggio nei corsi di laurea triennali).
Department of Corporate Taxation and Public Finance at the Centre for European Economic Research (ZEW) Mannheim. Payed trainership. Details here.
- NATO Internship Programme 2019 (16th edition). Only University students or undergraduated/graduated since no more than 12 months. Flyer, webpage
European University Institute. In preparation for the ninth edition of The State of the Union conference, which will take place from 2 – 4 May 2019, the European University Institute’s Communications Service is recruiting two paid trainees to work on the conference for a period of up to 6 months starting from January 2019. The roles are: Events Logistics Trainee , Website and Graphics Trainee. All applications should include an up-to-date CV and cover letter in English before to SOU@eui.eu before the deadline of midnight on Friday 30 November 2018. Web: https://stateoftheunion.eui.
Traineeship in EU delegations: https://eeas.europa.eu/headquarters/headquarters-homepage_en/39144/Traineeship%20in%20EU%20Delegation
EU Traineeships (Each year the European Commission offers paid traineeships for administrative or translation):https://ec.europa.eu/stages/Registration for October 2019 will open in January 2019
- Green Week - Festival della Green Economy: Web site of the event here (in Italian); document with details to apply here (in Italian).
Awards and Competitions
- Award Valeria Solesin, 3rd edition (in Italian). Allianz Worldwide Partners e Il Forum della Meritocrazia, con il sostegno della famiglia Solesin, annunciano la terza edizione del concorso rivolto a studentesse e studenti che abbiano discusso, presso qualsiasi ateneo italiano, una tesi di Laurea Magistrale sul tema "Il talento femminile come fattore determinante per lo sviluppo dell'economia, dell'etica e della meritocrazia nel nostro Paese". Il premio è rivolto alle tesi di ricerca che affrontano l'analisi del mercato del lavoro in un'ottica di genere, da una prospettiva demografico-statistica, socio-economica, socio-politica o giuridica. Potranno concorrere al Premio Valeria Solesin le tesi discusse dal 01/01/2017 al 31/07/2019 per il conseguimento di una Laurea Magistrale in Economia, Sociologia, Giurisprudenza, Scienze Politiche, Psicologia, Scienze della Formazione, Ingegneria, Demografia, e Statistica. Deadline August 7th, 2019. Details (in Italian) at this link.
University of Florence Activities
- Career Service: The University of Florence supports students in searching for a job through a Career Service which organizes individual meetings to enhance personal resources, laboratories to help students in writing job applications, CV, and video CV. Recruitment days with leading companies are also organized. The Career Service is in building D1 in Via delle Pandette, 14; office hours: every Thursday from 14 to 18. For more info, see www.unifi.it/cantieri. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Career Lab: link (in Italian)