How to apply and enrol
- If you hold a BA degree from an Italian University, then please click here to apply.
- If you hold a BA degree from a non-Italian University, then please click here to apply, by the deadline indicated by the platform itself. Applications for degrees not yet earned will not be considered.
The admission committee of the MSc in Economics and Development will evaluate your application on the basis of the Admission Requirements described below in this page. There are three possible outcomes:
- Your application is successful Then you are awarded the so-called "Nulla Osta" and you can enroll into the MSc in Economics and Development.
- You do not meet some of the admission requirements Then in order to be awarded the "Nulla Osta", you will have to sit for an interview, and/or pass one or more BA exams, and/or pass a B2 English test.
- You definitely do not meet the admission requirements Then you cannot enroll into the MSc in Economics and Development.
The Admission Committee verifies if the applicant satisfies the entry requirements in terms of BA grade and in terms of exams passed during the BA program. In any case, a reference letter from a university professor is strongly recommended.
Requirements in terms of BA grade
Applicants who hold a BA degree from an Italian University should have a final grade of at least 99/110 (in case you do not fulfil this requirement, then please see below).
Applicants who hold a BA degree from a non-Italian University should have a BA grade with pass proceed, that is, permit to proceed to graduate studies. If the pass proceed is not indicated, then it will be calculated (in case you do not fulfil this requirement, then please see below).
An applicant who does not fulfil this requirement but is motivated, is welcome to apply but may be asked to sit for an interview with the Admission Committee. The applicant will be told in advance the subjects of the interview.
Requirements in terms of exams passed during the BA program
- Economics 18 credits
- Statistics 6 credits
- Mathematics 6 credits
Applicants who do not meet these requirements need to pass exams for the “missing” credits before receiving the “Nulla Osta”. These exams can be taken at the University of Florence or at the University where the applicant earned the BA degree.
In addition, a good working knowledge, written and oral, of the English Language is needed, at least at B2 level of the Common European Framework, i.e. equivalent to a Cambridge First Certificate. In this regard, applicants need to satisfy one of the following requirements:
- provide evidence that their BA course was taught entirely in English;
- certify their knowledge of English at a B2 level through Cambridge First certificate, TOEFL, IELTS, etc.
In order to contact the Admission Committee of the MSc in Economics and Development, please write an e-mail to:
Prof. Lisa Grazzini (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the Curriculum in Development Economics;
Prof. Annalisa Luporini (email@example.com) for the Curriculum in Economics.